No. 31 BRANDT Chevrolet News and Notes
· Weekend Rewind: Las Vegas – Justin Allgaier and the No. 31 BRANDT team made great improvements after qualifying and finishing eighth last weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The finish kept Allgaier’s string of consecutive top-10s at the track untarnished. The team’s first top-10 of the season also moved Allgaier into the ninth spot in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) point standings.
· Allgaier at Bristol Motor Speedway – Allgaier will make his seventh career NNS start at the half-mile Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend. In six previous attempts, Allgaier has scored one win, two top-five and four top-15 finishes with an average start of 10.8 and average finish of 16.0. Allgaier finished 15th in both his starts last season.
· Returning to the Scene – This weekend, Allgaier returns to the track where he secured his first series victory back in the 2010 spring race. After a hotly contested battle in the closing laps with then teammate Brad Keselowski, Allgaier took the checkers after starting 30th and leading 27 laps.
· Allgaier Visits with Weaver Elementary Class – On Friday afternoon between his two practice sessions, Allgaier will take a trip up to the Bristol Motor Speedway suite level to spend some time with a group of 60 fifth grade students from Weaver Elementary School. The trip to Bristol is an incentive for the students during a five-week NASCAR Unit that incorporates some of the standards they will be tested on at the end of the school year.
· Race Night Appearance – Just as he did last spring, Allgaier will attend Food City Race Night and compete with fellow NNS and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers in Wii Boxing at 6:30 p.m. on Friday evening. The event will be held in the Bristol Motor Speedway tent in Hospitality Village.
· Saturday Sprint Appearance – Allgaier will join Turner Motorsports teammate James Buescher at the Sprint Fan Display on Saturday afternoon prior to the race at 12:30 p.m. Allgaier will answer questions on stage at the display, located outside of turn four.
· This Week’s Impala – This weekend, Allgaier will pilot TMS-308 in the Ford EcoBoost 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway. This car was last raced in Atlanta last September, and has since been rebuilt for 2012.
Allgaier on returning to the “Bull Ring” of Bristol Motor Speedway:
“Bristol is obviously a pretty special place for me, getting my first series win there back in 2010. I would love nothing more than to repeat that this weekend. I really enjoy racing at the short track and I think the fans do too. It’s a place where you have to be constantly on your guard, but make sure your patience can last the entire 300 laps too. We’ve continued to make gains in the points and I really want to keep that momentum going. My guys have been hard at work getting this car ready for Bristol and I really want to put it in victory lane for them, Turner Motorsports and BRANDT.”
Follow the No. 31 team on Twitter! @No31TurnerNNS
Follow BRANDT on Twitter! @BRANDTRacing
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook! Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports